Monday, April 25, 2011





Being a Florida girl and a self-proclaimed tan-a-holic, summer is always on my horizon even if it's Christmas. Now that it's finally almost here, here are a few of my favorite beauty picks for the upcoming most wonderful season!

I can never stress how important sunblock is. I use it like it's going out of style and one of my favorites is this Neutrogena cooling mist. Our summers are sweltering here in the South and this is perfect if there's no water to jump into.

That being said, it's way too hot to be one of those girls who never goes in the pool. Sea Salt spray is my best friend this time of year, and I am really excited to try the new Bumble and Bumble one.

The Urban Decay Naked Palette has all the perfect colors for summer. I personally love golds and champagnes to bring out a tan. I love to use a little pop of color in my makeup too, and blue and purple eyeliner to bring out my blue eyes is my favorite trick. Along the same makeup lines a good bronzer is my most important beauty product for summer fun. Benefit Hoola is my absolute favorite. Don't forget the waterproof mascara! I don't know why but any mascara with one of those plastic/silicone/bendy applicators is high on my list. So descriptive and concise right?

I don't know about any of you, but I really get sucked into buying these limited edition Stila palettes. The new summer ones look like they're going to be really pretty, although I am going to miss the cream blush from the ones last year. I'll still buy them anyway though. . .ugh!

Coral lips and nails are still my favorite like I said in yesterday's post, and my favorite blush is a little bit coral too actually. It's a MAC Cremeblend blush called Joie de Vivre, I don't think it's the exact one in the photo however.

Anyone have any essentials that I missed? And what are your summer must haves?

Love, Lauren

3 comments:

  1. Oooo I've been wanting to try the Bubmble & Bumble sea salt spray. I heard Aussie has one too, which is a way cheaper alternative to the bumble and bumble one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, I'll look for it! I love the way Aussie products work in my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Neutrogena sunblock. I live in New Zealand so I can't live without it. Great blogging start by the way :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete