Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


There's no day better, or sadder for this little nomad on one of her first holidays out in the real world. True, I have been away from my family on holidays before but it always eats at your heart just a little bit. This year I have my sister with me though and we're planning a big night!


Both of us are working today, but on holidays at Disney we form an even tighter knit family within our units and areas as we all share in the unfortunate circumstance of having to work on this day when everyone else is eating to their hearts content and more! So if I were all by lonesome I would actually prefer to be at work, which is so wrong I can't even begin on that subject. The same goes for Christmas, not to mention how magical my little Hollywood stage is on that day just a month away now!


So by 9 tonight my sister and I will both be home to make an abridged version of Thanksigiving dinner, for the sake of time as well as my vegetarian status. We'll eat way too much green bean casserole and watch Elf (because sister darling claims she has never seen it before!) and prepare for our 4am wake up call to shop our way to sleep by 9 or 10am. I have actually never really done the whole Black Friday thing before except for Target and Walmart to get cheap movies, so I'm pretty excited and nervous for this whole experience.


Until then I'm just preparing for work and making brownies for later, all while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade just like I did with my mom when I was younger. Reminding myself how thankful I am for everything I have and to be with family on this lovely holiday when I know there are so many people out there spending today by themselves.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment